The owners of the Perch Restaurant wanted to expand the dining area on to the outdoor patio area on the 15th Floor of the downtown Los Angeles building. Eide introduced a kinetic shade system designed with a combination of four motorized retractable top covers and four vertical screens, entirely supported by an engineered 90MPH wind-load welded steel frame structure. Eide successfully completed the design, fabrication and installation on the 15th Floor, which met the client’s requirement for a retractable roof system with retracting side curtains.
- Dimensions: 3′-6″ High by 16′-0″ Projection by 60’-0” Wide, with 8′-0″ Upright Clearance
- Total shade coverage area is 960 square feet
- Retractable Cover is made of flame retardant, Beige Serge Ferrari 502 Fabric
- Vertical drop-roll curtains are made with 20 GA Clear Vinyl material
- Four motorized Corradi Impact canopy systems
- Engineered 90 MPH Wind Loads