Del Amo Construction approached Eide Industries, Inc. to create and install a large fabric roof cover over an exposed courtyard surrounded by four walls for the Palos Verdes Art Center in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. Eide’s reputation to fulfill large-scale projects was the basis of the referral from a local awning company.
Great design care was taken to insure the PTFE Teflon coated fiberglass fabric seams would align with the 90 MPH engineered frame members throughout the cover to eliminate irregular shadows. The seamless canopy system was completed using curved rafter bows and Sheerfill V Membrane fabric spanning over a combined coverage area of 5,800 square feet. Eide successfully completed the design and installation of a large curved fabric structure with a minimalist, yet sophisticated look to compliment the Palos Verdes Art Center.
- Two (2) Arched Fabric Structures:
- Large – approximately 52′ Wide x 97.5′ Long
- Small – approximately 16′ Wide x 47′ Long
- Combined coverage area over 5,800 SF
- Engineered 90 MPH, CBC 2010, Exposure “C”
- Sheerfill V Architectural PTFE Fabric Membrane
- Curved Rafter Bows 4” x 12” x 0.375” Wall Thickness